YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday 25 March 2013

Step Aside, All Other Literature, Clockwork Princess is HERE!




Alright. Here is the tale of my search for this book.

First, a little background. Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter Chronicles have been one of my favorite series since I first picked it up about two years ago. I've hated it, loved it, swooned, shipped, bonded with my best friend Samii over it, shouted for joy when news of a film floated around, gasped when I found out the cast, waited for the next book, and the next book, and the next book.

So when a couple of weeks ago Fully Booked put up posters that declared: Clockwork Princess-March 19, I jumped for joy. I didn't bother to reserve, because I thought, let's face it. They're not going to actually run out of copies, eh? So I just reserved on the 18th. Then the morning of the 19th, I stopped by the Fort branch before work to pick it up. I was literally there counting down the minutes till opening time. When I dashed in, they gave me the news: they only received 5 copies, so they would give it to the first 5 reserved. I went to Rockwell, checked National AND Fully Booked, and they gave me similar answers.

I even sent an ask to Cassie's Tumblr, and tweeted her.

Then today, when my dad got home, my mom tossed me a Giordano shopping bag.

And the Clockwork Princess novel was there!!!!!!!!!!!

Like my mom and my bestie Nicole said, "Dude. It's just like that scene from Devil Wears Prada."

No comments:

Post a Comment