YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 24 March 2013

51-Day Book Challenge: Day 11, What Is Your Policy On Book Lending?

I actually love lending books; I want my friends to enjoy the books I've read as much as I do.

Right now, I've got one permanent lender from the Library of Salve, and she's one of my best friends: Samii Sarda. I got her into reading sometime in our junior year, and ever since, she's been borrowing my books. I completely trust her not to mess up the books; she takes really good care of it. And every now and then we do a Book Purge and Binge: She'll return all the books she's borrowed in the past 6 months (which usually literally arrives by the sackful), and load up again from my bookshelf. Together, we've joined new book fandoms like Divergent, Delirium, and The Mortal Instruments, and we're crazy excited for the film adaptations (on a side note, we were 100% disappointed with the I Am Number Four film. Alex Pettyfer, dear, you are a gorgeous example of male specimen, but you can't act for peanuts).

One person who I dearly love but will never trust with one of my books again (I'm...only half-joking) is Tippy dos Santos. She's got about 2 Book Body Counts on her, i.e, she's lost two of my books. I...kind of understand, because she's usually out taping, and stuff can get misplaced in the hustle and bustle of the show business world. But I've told her, and she totally knows too, that I will never lend her a book again. Of course, I still love her dearly.

So that's my policy, I guess. Lend to everyone except celebrities. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment