YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday 21 March 2013

I Don't Know About You, But I'm Feeling, Erm, 21.

Excuse the beyond lame pun, but T-Swizzle's new single 22 is my friends' and my jam for this week. I just had to include it. Corny as it is, I found my title ever so witty.

Instead of posting one OOTD, I decided to hit two birds with one stone, and just make an I-love-Forever 21-so-much post.


Blazer and dress from Forever 21, shoes from Guess, ring
 from Louisa



Dress from Forever 21, cardigan from ukay-ukay, heels from Evernew,
butterfly necklace from Acceessorize


Wore the red dress to my short-lived day at work yesterday at SoFA. Usually I'm there 11-5, but yesterday, there was literally nothing for me to do, so my mom pulled me out early. Lesson of the day? Never wear dresses to work. Comfy pants all the way.

The other outfit I wore to my cousin's graduation. I hadn't seen them in quite some time, and I was so surprised to hear him say "HELLO" <cue deep voice>. It's so weird how all of us are growing up.

Francesca Mikhaela, if you're out there, we need to do a collab on ukay-ukay shopping, alright?

Yes. Every summer since freshman year of high school, my friends from Poveda and I take a trip to Tagaytay. You've got your usual ghost stories, sleeping till noon, ice cream sundae-making contests, and a Song of that Summer. 2009 was "We Don't Need No Buried Treasure" by Kenny Rogers. No, I am not joking. 2010 was the Biebs' "Stuck In The Moment". "Hero" was for 2011. The Bieber fever struck again in 2012 with "Boyfriend". And a special Christmas trip last December led to "Good Time" by Owl City feat. Carly Rae Jepsen being our first Song for the Holidays.

But I digress. I really want to talk about the other tradition we've had for the past 3 summers: Ukay-ukay shopping. Some people might find it gross, but it's actually delightful. I mean, I'm of the "boil it till the bacteria dies" mindset. And you find the coolest things. One of my first purchases was a Singapore Airlines stewardess top, which my mom never let me wear out in public. Over the years, Cheska, Nicole and I have developed our own ukay-ukay style. Nic goes for the basics--polos, tanks. Ches goes for the overrun designer stuff--she once found a Juicy blazer for 500 pesos. And another time she found this crop top with a funky zipper for 10 pesos. Yes. You read that right. As for me, I go for the truly vintage.

My mom wants to keep it hush-hush that I go ukay-ukay shopping, but it's too cool to keep quiet. I'm proud of every find I've...found.

Next week, I hope I can post more stuff since...drumroll, please, Samii and I are going to HK Disneyland!
We've already got our theme park-reading books by the pool- Vampire Diaries marathon schedule all planned out.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA I LOVE THIS!! And it wasn't 500, it was 50!!! And actually, I do boil them when I get home :)) Well no, I boil water then soak them in it then let my maid wash it thrice with soap (crazy, I know)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI. I just read this now! :)))

    ReplyDelete