YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday 19 February 2013

The Age of Innocence

Yesterday I went back to driving lessons. I finally went over 20 on the speedometer.

Then in the afternoon, I visited my favorite trio of kiddies: Lucas, Helena & Diego. Their grandmother is my mom's best friend and my godmother. I was the flower girl at their parents' wedding 7 years ago. 



These kids are probably the most gorgeous set of children I've ever laid eyes on.

I spent most of the day following baby Diego bike around the village. Diego's at that perfect age when they still look like babies but can actually talk to you. And he has the cutest baby voice ever. He literally squeaks when he talks. When the snack truck came by, he walked to the center of the road, held up his hand, and squeaked, "MANONG! STOP." And then he wanted to take ride around the village in our van. So he hopped in, and suddenly all the neighborhood kids wanted to join. In the van, you could hear shouts of, "STOP THE CAR! We need to let Pablo join!" Afterwards, when they went back to the group, there were a lot of little girls playing. So I asked Diego, "Hey. Do you like any of them? Which one?" He looked at me and said promptly, "The van." 





Then when we walked home, Helena the princess had already arrived. I drew Disney Princesses with her and taught her how to write a couple of words. She also spotted that the house next door was for rent, and asked me if I could buy it so I could visit everyday and she could too. My heart just about melted.



I would love to be a kindergarten teacher.







No comments:

Post a Comment