YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 10 February 2013

Happy Birthday Nanay!

Today was my nanay's 84th birthday. I just love her so much. She's so supportive, no matter what I do, and I just really really love her.

Today's outfit was based off of one of Blair Waldorf's outfits. I'd toyed with naming this post The Blair Waldorf Project, but I decided to go with a shoutout to one of my favorite family members.

Blair Waldorf is my soul sister. I can totally relate to her whole I'm-totes-going-to-marry-into-a-royal-family-someday, manners matter, gotta-keep-it-classy-but-sassy outlook on life. And her clothes just make me drool. There is nary a Blair Waldorf outfit that I don't love (that being said, her first wedding gown was a travesty. A princess at heart about to be a princess for real, and you put her in that nondescript white towel? In the words of Tumblrians, "You had ONE JOB.")

Ugly matrimonial wear aside, there is one Blair Waldorf ensemble I adore. It was shown in one of the earlier seasons, where she jets off to Paris.



Whenever I see a navy blue and cream combination at any given store, I make a mad dash for it, in the hopes of recreating Ms. Waldorf's dress. Luckily, a few months back, I stumbled upon a navy-and-white blouse and Forever 21 that seem Blair-esque and quickly looked around to find a match skirt. Here is the finished product:






Blouse and skirt from Forever 21, LV bag from my mom's wardrobe, shoes from Zara.




Whew. There goes my first outfit post. Special shoutout to Wicked Stunning (francescamikhaela.blogspot.com) for being my blog inspiration. I hope to have as many followers as you someday, babe. :)

1 comment: