YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday 26 February 2013

51-Day Book Challenge: Day 8, Favorite Book You've Read This Year


Shades of Earth, definitely. I just love Beth Revis' Across the Universe trilogy. It's a sci-fi series about a girl who was supposed to by cryogenically frozen until the spaceship Godspeed landed, but was woken up before then. She then finds a society has formed on the ship. It's mystery after cliffhanger after what-the-heck-happened moment.



I also loved the second book of the Heroes of Olympus series, Son of Neptune. I used to just brush off the Rick Riordan books as too childish for me. Then I started reading them while I was in the States, and I have to say, they are possibly the most entertaining books I've ever read. Yes, it's childish in some ways, but that's what makes reading them so fun. You completely suspend your beliefs, and you believe that Hades rules the Underworld with an iPad, or that Amazon.com is actually run by Amazonian women. The 3rd book is out, but I don't want to read it just yet. First, I have to get through my reading list (which I keep adding to every day).

Speaking of books, I've spent the past two days looking for The Girl Who Fell From The Sky and Other Filipino Tales. Anybody have a copy I can borrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment