YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 23 June 2013

Written In The Stars

Today was the first day of Ateneo's RecWeek, when you can sign up for orgs. Last year, before I took my LOA, I was involved with Tanghalang Ateneo, which I really loved. The people were so nice, and I had so much fun just being in the theatre environment. The only things I wasn't particularly interested in were the actual plays. I mean, I wasn't familiar with any of them, so I couldn't really muster any excitement for them. BlueRep, the other theater company of Ateneo, kickstarted its season with 13, a musical I had previously done during my Trumpets days, and had a special place in my heart for. It was a classic case of the grass being greener on the other side.

So this year, I was completely torn with which company to join. The familiarity of Tanghalang Ateneo? Or BlueRep, which put on shows I was actually familiar with and loved? My question was answered, forgive the pun (which you'll understand in a second), lightning fast. Upon reading the Org Guide, I found out about what shows TA was putting on this year: Greek plays.

GREEK PLAYS. 

I just want to add that the book I'm reading at the moment is The Mark of Athena (from the Percy Jackson saga). It was like kismet. That was it, bam, question answered, TA it is. I was even more convinced when I was filling out the application and read the bonus question: If you could be a Greek god, who would you be and why? Oh, the possibilities.

Now I'm all pepped up for this school year. This fresh start thing isn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment