YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday 5 June 2013

A Day In The Marketplace

Granted, the marketplace was situated in modern-day Manila, and not in Belle's France, or Jasmine's Agrabah, but it was magical all the same.

It was Rockwell's The Next Big Thing's Bazaar, and I had already bought myself Loki and Thor shirts and a Harry Potter bookmark. I was all set to go, when I decided to take a closer look at a jewelry stall. Now, prior to visiting the bazaar, I had already sworn off trinket-buying. I had more owls and fake gems than I knew what to do with. But my friend was still off buying clothes, and so, out of boredom, I decided to take a closer look.

They had absolutely everything. They had syringe pendants, carousel necklaces, literal hearts (none of that fluffy Valentine hearts, I'm talking pendants that looked like your own beating heart), skeleton hands that worked as a cuff so it'd look like it was grabbing you, and so much more. Soon,  I had asked for a basket and was stuffing it with finds.

The first one I grabbed almost got away, actually. I was poking around, when the vendor started talking to the girl next to me about how they had a glass-encased rose necklace, a la Beauty and the Beast. My head immediately snapped up, and I started telepathically yelling "DROP. THE. NECKLACE. DROP IT. DROP IT." Finally she did, and my hand shot out and grabbed it.




There were also a lot of flying horses around in the form of pendants and rings. Now, I've yet to add horses to my jewelry zoo, and so I looked around for the perfect addition. Meet Pegasus!
\



                                                  

One of the last things I got was a real, working compass, just because I wanted to paint with the colors of the wind. 



And last but not least, a charm bracelet to tie it all together. It's got everything a fairytale fan could ask for: crowns, spindles, castles, carriages, a slipper, and of course, a wishing star to hope that one day the fairytale could come true.







1 comment:

  1. Sam-o always sees the magical in things. :) <3

    I love your Beauty and the Beast find, most of all! :)

    ReplyDelete