YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday 9 April 2013

49-Day Book Challenge: Day 13, Favorite Place to Read?



My Gryffindor-inspired room in our house in Tagaytay is possibly one of my favorite places on Earth. I purposely did not place any electronics there (no TV, computer or iPod dock), so I would get the true Hogwarts feel. A side-effect of that was that it turned into a nice reading room.

The wingback chair above is where I love reading the most. It also has a nice piece of family history attached to it. It used to be found in the den of our house, many years ago. Back then it was this dusty rose, flower-patterned chair. I remember my grandfather sitting on that chair when he used to visit. Then it got too torn and tatty to be seen in public, so we put it in storage. Fast foward maybe 7 years, when we were decorating the Tagaytay house. I remembered the old chair and asked my mom if we could reupholster it and place it in my room. And voila, it turned into Sam's Favorite Place to Read.

2 comments:

  1. I love your chair! It looks so cozy and grand all at the same time. :) I have not yet find my favorite reading spot. My scoliosis is making settling the issue especially tricky. :)) Post more photos of your room, please! I would love to see just how Harry Potter-esque it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ms! Will do! :) I didn't know you had scoliosis! I do too! I remember having to wear that heavy back brace when I was about 13. But now I just have physical therapy for it. :)

    ReplyDelete