YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday 8 February 2014

Moving In: Decor Haul

Last December, my family moved houses, and I left the home I'd lived in for the past 19 years. Our new house is a mere five minutes away, so from time to time, I visit the old house to pick up a few things. It's kind of depressing though: as soon as I enter, it already feels like an abandoned house. Within the few short months we've left it, it's already gained that dusty, unkempt scent. The wardrobes are empty and the walls are bare. That being said, I do love being in our new home. I've got a lot more room, for one thing. And we finally have what my brother and I have been dreaming of since our previous neighbor had one installed: our very own pool! A lot of things are still being fixed or are still missing--my bathtub does not have any taps as of yet, and I still don't have a desk or a dresser. But most of the things have already been delivered, and so, this past week, I decided to go on a decor haul for my new room.

Most of these things I found at Regalong Pambahay, which is an amazing local store that sells Pinterest-worthy things at super cheap prices. The rest I got while shopping at the ever-reliable SM.


I got one of those scone trays (and assembled it myself, I might add!) and used it for my ever-growing accessory collection. I discovered that hanging a lot of necklaces from the usual necklace hooks only leaves you with a lot of necklaces in tangles, so I'm hoping this way will be better.
My new clock that matches my wallpaper.

I have to talk about this blue mug, because it costs 100 pesos. You could buy a whole lot of them for a cute little tea party! In fact, Regalong Pambahay has a whole section dedicated to tea things. If you're planning a girls' day in, or a children's party, I highly recommend visiting them (they've got a store in the new Shang wing, as well as an outlet store along Pioneer).



Because who doesn't need a funky goblet? Even though I mainly use it for water, it's fun pretending you're drinking some magical potion (Tea parties? Magical potions? Clearly, my mental age has not progressed past kindergarten).

A frame set for my travels.
I also got a couple of photo frames, because I decided that this whole cyber-photo sharing, while convenient, isn't as good as having real paper photographs.


As an impulse buy, I got myself some potpourri oils and a burner.



Last, but definitely not the least, were the mound of cushions I got. I decided that I wanted to have a lot of stripes in my room, thus these blue-and-brown ones.

Throw pillows for the bed.



A little Latin for the library.




I also got a couple of floor cushions for my tower. There isn't a lot of things up there yet, but I want to decorate it with a lot of whimsical, fun things. These brilliant mural painters we hired painted the walls to resemble Rapunzel's tower from Tangled, and I'm looking for lanterns to hang there too, for I See The Light feels.

So that's about it for the decor haul. I hope to update this post once I get all the things for the tower. Have a blessed Sunday, everyone!










No comments:

Post a Comment