YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Where Is The Love?

"Children hurtin', hear them crying 
Can you practice what you preach 
Or would you turn the other cheek 
Father father father father help us 
Send some guidance from above 
'Cause people got me, got me questioning 
Where is the love?"

It just saddens me that a photo from my recent trip to Italy can get over 50 likes overnight, yet a whole album dedicated to my trip to devastated Ormoc catches the eye of two people. I've been promoting Bangon Pinoy: A Fundraising Concert For Victims of Yolanda for the past couple of weeks, and it seems like next to no one cares. I've had people in school give me a straight-up "nope" when asked if they wanted to buy tickets to raise funds. Yet the same people share links on the supposed corruption and inefficiency of our government. If you're gonna talk the talk, please naman, walk the walk. I'm not writing about this to hate on people, or judge them. It's a realization that I came to, and am deeply troubled by. What is happening to our humanity?

No comments:

Post a Comment